My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/2012/8/e7133863-8400-4a5a-b530-91d038fbff14MediumRes.JPGA couple of days ago, HT reported that Varun Dhawan was set to work with Ekta Kapoor’s production house in the Hindi remake of a Telugu film. The latest development is that Ekta has also roped in Varun’s father, director David Dhawan, for the same film, now titled, Main Tera Hero. “David  is the massiest (sic) director I know. And Varun has an innate appeal. He is like a young Salman (Khan) in the making. The film is going to be very mass-oriented, but the treatment will be classy,” Ekta says.

About the prospect of directing his son, David Dhawan says, “I have worked with everyone from Amitabh Bachchan, Vinod Khanna, Govinda to Salman Khan, but it’s a great feeling that now I will team up with my son. When Ekta came to me with the story, I was completely floored.”

So what does the veteran director David Dhawan think of Varun Dhawan as an actor? “I feel he has a great screen presence, besides having depth in his performance. However, when I am working on a set, the father-son equation won’t be the overriding factor.”

The yet-untitled film will be a remake of the 2011 Telugu hit, Kandireega, and will be shot in London. “I went to watch the film with Rajat Arora (writer). It’s one of the most entertaining films I have seen in a long time. We are just going to take the blueprint of Kandireega, but the presentation will be plush. It will be like The Wedding Crashers-meet-Karan Johar-brand-of-cinema,” says Ekta.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/popup/2013/1/SonakshiShatrughanSinha.jpgThere has been talk recently about Sonakshi Sinha acting in her brother Kush’s directorial debut. But it looks like the Sinha siblings have their eyes on bigger things. Together, Sonakshi and her brothers Luv and Kush are planning to revive the production banner called Shotgun Movies that was started by Shatrughan Sinha. The banner’s only production was screened back in 2006 — a forgettable Jackie Shroff-starrer called Mera Dil Leke Dekho.

“My brothers are still working on the production house. Right now, Luv and Kush are handling it. Later, if they need me as an actor, I will definitely work with them,” says Sonakshi. We wonder when we will hear of a home production from the Sinhas, and the actor says, “As and when they (brothers) are ready, and I am done with my current films, I will work with them. But there’s no plan to involve my parents. The three of us will take care of it.” 

It was heard, however, that Umesh Shukla (he directed OMG: Oh My God!) is working on a project for Shotgun Movies. “There’s nothing as of now. My brothers are still in talks to decide on the first project. Once things are confirmed, we’ll be able to talk about it,” says Sonakshi.

As for her own career, her latest, Dabangg 2, is the latest film in the Rs. 100 crore club. Ask why she hasn’t talked about the achievement, and Sonakshi says, “The films are already in the public eye. I don’t need to blow my own trumpet. If a film has done well, you should quietly move on to the next one.” Sonakshi now starts work on the multistarrer Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai 2 and Rambo Rajkumar with Shahid Kapoor.

Source : http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/Bollywood-plans-family-business-in-2013/Article1-986496.aspx

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)