My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Khobragade gets warm welcome on arrival in Mumbai

Mumbai, Jan 14 : Hundreds of Republican Party of India-A activists gave a rousing welcome to Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade who arrived in her home city here Tuesday afternoon.

Khobragade, 39, who was at the centre of a diplomatic row between India and US after American authorities charged her with visa fraud last month, wore a sari and appeared relaxed and cheerful as she stepped out of the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport's domestic terminal.

The assembled activists shouted slogans in her support and condemned the US for the recent incidents.

"I thank the people of Mumbai for their love and support to me," she said outside with her hands folded in a namaste, after nearly a month long ordeal in which her family, including father, retired senior bureaucrat Uttam Khobragade fully supported her.

Khobragade had reached New Delhi last Friday from the US after she was publicly arrested and later indicted by a jury for an alleged visa fraud.

Since she has not yet been given any posting so far, Khobragade is likely to spend time with her family in their Mumbai suburban home for the next few days. (IANS)

Source: Top News

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)