My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Black hole theory my 'biggest blunder,' says Stephen Hawking

After a series of controversies,Stephen Hawking clarified his stance on Black holes and the role played by them in the universe.

Stephen Hawking had gained worldwide attention in a paper published earlier this week, by announcing a new theory that black holes may operate more like grey holes, and that event horizons may not necessary destroy all forms of matter. He now says light and information may be able to escape from black holes.

The mystery regarding black holes dates back to 1974,when Hawking had taken black hole theory and added quantum mechanics, sparking a scientific debate that still hasn't found a clear answer.

According to reports, Hawking originally said that when a black hole dies, it takes everything inside with it. Now, 40 years later, he is arguing that it might be possible for light and information to escape.

Black holes have "apparent horizons" -surfaces that can trap light,but can also vary in shape, leaving the potential for light to escape, the report said.

On his 70th birthday this month, Hawking told that he regards his idea that information was destroyed by black holes as his "biggest blunder."

(With agency inputs)

First Published: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 00:33

Source: ZeeNews

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)