My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Why did Nirbhaya watch a movie at 11 pm? asks Maharashtra women's panel member Asha Mirje

Image Credit IBN Live

Mumbai: The insensitivity towards women's rights appears to be not just limited to uncouth men. Maharashtra State Women Commission member and NCP member Asha Mirje exhibited similar disposition when she blamed women for not being “careful”.

Speaking at gathering of NCP's women's wing at Nagpur, Mirje questioned the Delhi gang-rape victim's intention in going out to watch a movie with a friend at 11 pm in the night.

"Did Nirbhaya really have go to watch a movie at 11 in the night with her friend? Take the Shakti Mills gang-rape case. Why did the victim go to such an isolated place at 6 pm?"

NCP's women's wing is headed Supriya Sule, who is the daughter of party chief Sharad Pawar. Sule was on the dais when Mirje made the controversial remarks.

Mirje added that women have to be “careful”. “...We have to ask ourselves, where am I going, with whom am I going, what am I going for, do I really need to go to that place," she said.

She went on to detail the three reasons that lead to sexual assault on women. As per Mirje, the reasons are woman's clothes, her behaviour and her presence in inappropriate places.

Mirje said that a woman has to think whether, even if mistakenly,she is not inviting or inviting (sexual assault).

Source: ZeeNews

Source: ZeeNews

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)