My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Pope Francis & his Palm

Vatican City, April 14 :  Pope Francis used his Palm Sunday Mass homily to call on Catholics to reflect, asking the faithful at the start of Holy Week if they were traitors like Judas or loved God like Joseph.

"Has my life fallen asleep?" the pope asked. "Am I like Pontius Pilate, who, when he sees the situation is difficult, washes my hands?"

The pope posed more questions for the crowd that gathered for Palm Sunday Mass, moving away from his prepared homily.

"Where is my heart?" Francis asked, adding that this was the "question which accompanies us" throughout Holy Week.

The pontiff removed his red vestments afer Mass and greeted a group of cardinals from Krakow.

Francis spent some time speaking and posing for photos with some of the thousands of young people from Brazil and Poland who chanted his name.

The pope concluded his Palm Sunday programme by blessing the thousands of Catholics who raised their hands toward him and called his name in Vatican City. (IANS/EFE)

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)