What are reviews and comments?
• Myinfoline’s reviews and comments give consumers the opportunity to share the experiences they’ve had with Trust businesses. They also help other consumers decide which businesses to use.
• A review is one person’s first-hand experience with a business. A comment is a response to a review.
• Comments give business owners the opportunity to respond to reviews about their own company. They can say thank you for the praise, apologies for a mistake or give their side of the story.
• Comments can also be posted by non-business owners and allow Myinfoline’s community of users to discuss and compare their experiences.
Submitting reviews and comments
All reviews and comments are screened by a team of moderators working around the clock. We moderate all reviews and comments as quickly as possible, however due to the volume of submissions there can sometimes be delays.
We will publish, reject, edit or remove any review or comment at our discretion.
All reviews and comments submitted to Myinfoline become the property of Myinfoline.
We may reproduce any part of a review or comment for publication or broadcast in marketing material, newsletters, on social networking sites, newspapers, magazines, TV, radio or online.
Myinfoline is under no obligation to remove any part of a review or comment when requested by the reviewer or business owner.
The reviews and comments we accept
We accept both positive and negative reviews and comments, so long as they appear to be honest, authentic and written by someone who has had first-hand experience with the business.
We like reviews and comments which are helpful, interesting and funny. Providing as much detail and supporting information as possible will make it more likely for a review to be accepted.
The reviews and comments we reject
Our moderation team are experts at spotting fake and offensive reviews and comments and will reject anything which doesn’t comply with Myinfoline’s review guidelines.
We reject reviews or comments which -
• Don’t appear to be based on a genuine experience.
• Contain swear words.
• Contain offensive or derogatory material. This includes anything racist, sexist or homophobic.
• Are based on rumour or second-hand information (for example, an experience your partner or friend had).
• Are defamatory. This means to falsely or unjustly damage someone’s reputation. Reviewers must back up any allegations with as much detail and background information as possible for us to consider publishing it.
• Contain claims of food poisoning, medical malpractice or illegal activity. We encourage reviewers who have experienced these issues to contact the relevant authorities.
• May be in contempt of court. This includes reviews and comments containing references to legal cases currently before court.
• Are written by a business owner on a competitor’s business listing.
• Are written in a language other than English or which don’t make sense.
When we reject a review or comment we send the reviewer an email explaining why it was rejected. Myinfoline’s decision is final and we won’t enter into any further correspondence about the matter.
We don’t encourage reviews by business owners or their staff on their own business listings. Myinfoline users often consider these reviews unhelpful or fake. However we do encourage business owners to submit comments in response to customer reviews about their business.
Inappropriate reviews and comments
If any Myinfoline user sees a review or comment they think is inappropriate or unfair they can click the “inappropriate” flag which appears under every review. They’ll be prompted to explain why they think it’s inappropriate and the moderation team will reassess the review or comment in question.
If the moderation team agree the review or comment is inappropriate, they’ll remove it. If they decide it meets all of Myinfoline’s review guidelines they’ll leave it on the website.
The moderation team’s decision is final and once a decision is made no further correspondence will be entered into.
If a business owner flags a review or comment as inappropriate on their own business listing our procedure is a little different. The review or comment will be put on hold and temporarily disappear from the site. The owner will be prompted to explain why they think it’s inappropriate, and the reviewer will be prompted to verify their review or comment and explain within seven days why it should remain online.
Both parties will be given one opportunity to explain their position and may wish to include detailed information to support their claim.
The moderation team wills asses both responses from the owner and reviewer. If they agree the review or comment is inappropriate they will remove it from the site. If they decide it is not they will reinstate the review.
The moderation team’s decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Myinfoline will not accept phone calls or emails about inappropriate reviews. All inappropriate reviews must be flagged via the website.