My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Microsoft to announce the appointment of new chief

Software giant, Microsoft Corp is planning to announce the appointment of a new chief executive, according to a source familiar with the board.

Alan Mulally, who has been working as the head of Ford Motors, has said that he is not in the race to become the new chief executive of the software giant.  Mulally's exit comes after the exit of another reported candidate, Qualcomm Inc's Steve Mollenkopf in December.

Microsoft has said that it is planning to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer early this year.  The company has been looking to replace Steve Ballmer since he announced his retirement in August. The Redmond, Washington-based company has begun search for a new chief executive officer after Steve Ballmer announced his decision to retire from the top job in 12 months.  They said that succession planning will be a delicate issue for the company as Ballmer has been working for several decades.

He has already spent about 13 year as the chief executive officer of the company and spent two decades as company manager as Microsoft pushed its software onto the 97 per cent of all the computers.  Experts have said that the company has also missed several opportunities in under his leadership including smartphones, Web search and tablet computing.  Ballmer has been credited with bringing the Windows into the modern era and resolving the antitrust case that almost resulted in the company breaking into two separate entities.

Ballmer became CEO of the company in 2000 and the company had already taken a focus away from PC-based computing and was already taken over by Apple and Google.  As for the investors, his tenure has not been great for the shareholders as an investment of $1,000 when Ballmer took over is now worth 13 per cent lesser including dividends.

"I would like to end the Microsoft speculation because I have no other plans to do anything other than serve Ford," Mulally said.

Source: Top News

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)