My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Photo: Very Sad Its Shocking NewsMrs Sunanda Shashi Tharur found Dead in Hotel Leela Delhi.MY Infoline

NEW DELHI: Sunanda Pushkar, wife of Union minister Shashi Tharoor, has reportedly been found dead in a five-star hotel here.

Pushkar's body was found in room number 345 of Leela Hotel. The incident came to fore around 8pm after the hotel authorities informed the police. 

The special commissioner of police Deepak Mishra confirmed to TOI about the incident. However police were yet to ascertain if it was a suicide. Further investigations are on. The room in which Pushkar was staying has been sealed by the police 
The shocking news comes just a day after Sunanda and her husband Shashi Tharoor were involved in a Twitter controversy, also involving a Pakistani woman journalist.

As the indecorous row surrounding the suave 57-year-old Tharoor escalated, the controversy-prone minister took to Twitter to come out with a joint statement with his wife Sunanda Pushkar to say they were "happily married", but distressed by "some unauthorised tweets".

"We wish to stress that we are happily married and intend to remain that way. Sunanda has been ill and hospitalised this week and is seeking rest. We would be grateful if the media respects our privacy," said the statement by Tharoor, who married Pushkar in 2010. The row erupted after exchange of some messages involving the three, some of them intimate.

"We are distressed by the unseemly controversy that has arisen about some unauthorised tweets from our twitter accounts," the diplomat-turned politician said.

Pushkar had accused the 45-year-old Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar of stalking her husband and trying to "break" her marriage when she was away for medical treatment.

Both Tharoor and Pushkar had married twice before. The minister of state for human resources development is a Congress Lok Sabha MP from Thiruvananthapuram.

(With inputs from PTI)

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)